I’ve experienced a lot throughout my life. A lot of good times and a shit load of terrible one’s. I’ve picked up my fair share of lessons. It was supposed to be 24 things I learned in 24 years but I couldn't bring myself to cut anything below. Here you go.
1. You don’t have to fuck every girl that you come into contact with. It’s coo to say 'nah' sometimes. I have a lot of bodies I regret and if I could take them back I definitely would. One in particular comes to mind. I didn’t really want her but I did it anyway come to find out this young lady was a disgusting pigeon that’d fuck anything. Can’t be fucking with girls regular dudes can get with ease.
2. Nobody cares as much as they say they do and no one cares about you like you care about yourself. Put yourself first because you’re your own best friend. It’s okay to be selfish and think about yourself because if you don’t who will.
3. Don’t disrespect or say anything out of anger to your mother. She’s probably the only person that might care about you like she says she does. Cursed at my mother once in my life and even though she might have deserved it, I regret it to this very day.
4. “Don’t wear LeBrons to the club them shits ugly.” – DK. One of my favorite lines from Dom Kennedy.
Those shits surely are ugly.
5. Work hard when you’re young so you don’t have to when you’re older. You hopefully have no children, mortgage or major obligations. You should be able to work 12 hour days and put effort into your dreams and still be able to turn up, walk in the crib at 3am and wake up at 6am to do it all over again. If I can do it you definitely can because I don’t ever want to do shit.
6. Fucking Study. Graduate. Get out of there Brodie.
7. Memories > Money. Live life to the fullest. What’s the point of having a bank account full of money if you're living miserably? I’ll spend money on anything if it makes me happy.
8. You're going to meet a lot of dope women. You’re also going to lose a lot of dope women. The next one's coming soon, that’s life.
9. You're going to meet a lot of shitty women. The next one is probably coming soon too.
10. Bitches ain’t shit. Niggas DEFINITELY aint shit.
11. When you’re at work or school and a conversation that has nothing to do with work or school starts, hop in it. A great way to network and get to know people is to talk about something you’re not forced to talk about.
12. "Keep your family close." – Drake. Sometimes you’re focused on so many other things and you’re not concentrating on the people that have always been in your corner. You’re preoccupied with new friends, women, and hobbies and sometimes just lose sight of what’s important.
13. “Real playboys keep a bunny on the side.” – DK. Dom Kennedy, real self-explanatory. Real important.
14. You get what you put in. If you half-ass something you’re going to get half-assed results. Put 100% of you into 100% of the things you do.
15. Try listening to new music that’s not in your comfort zone. You might find something you love.
16. Try talking to someone not in your comfort zone. Might find someone you might love.
17. Say a prayer and go get what you prayed for. Have faith in God but work your ass off to get what you want.
18. If you were the fool once make sure you’re not the fool twice. Everybody takes an L at some point. Just make sure that L is a learning opportunity and not a repeated lesson.
19. Don’t lie. You’re grown and you make your own decisions, stand tall. You made it happen, own up to it.
20. Have pride in your heritage and culture.
21. Nobody's built like you. You design yourself. You're unique, special, there’s never going to be another you!
22. CONFIDENCE turns into results.
23. Everybody isn't going to like you.
24. Have faith. You can walk on water if you don’t look down. If you believe in yourself without any doubt, you’ll succeed.
25. Don’t mess with sloppy hoes because you could catch something. They're out here wildin'. Dudes too.